Mike Map


View Mike Map in a larger map

Friday, July 16, 2010

New Blog Category: (Wisdom 0)

Perhaps I just have way too much time (5 posts in 2 days?), but I've decided to put a new category up on the blog: quotations.

I can't count the number of posts that are inspired by some quotation I see, but which wind up either being nixed or left in perpetual limbo because I don't have the time, energy, honesty, ability to decide whether my take on the post is straightforward or ironic or only faux-ironic, or whatever, to explain what exactly draws me to it and what I think it means. Add to this the number of posts that start off strong and then dwindle/piddle/whimper to a close, often with a remark like "I'm sorry to have wasted your time with this," and you have a whole ouvre of stuff that would have been better off simply presented in the nude.

While I am aware that this will throw off the post count (since it's not fair to count these things as real posts, due to the fact that I didn't even write them), I think it's worth it in terms of bringing quality content to the blog. Solution: I will number each post in the title so that future yearly post symmetry inventories are not disturbed.

I think I will deem the section "Wisdom." Enjoy.

No comments: